AFRICA CENTRE AGAINST TORTURE is a non-profit international organization. Its principal objective is the abolition of torture by holding accountable the governments and individuals who perpetrate torture in the society.
- Eradicate torture in the society.
- To hold accountable the governments and individuals who perpetrate torture.
- Obtain justice for survivors of torture.
- To develop the means of ensuring compliance with international standards and securing remedies for victims.
- To emerge as global actor in the fight against torture in partnership with UN committee against torture, National , regional and international mechanism.
- Strengthening legal and policy frameworks, so that torture and other forms of ill -treatment are criminalised and safeguards are in place.
- Research and documentation of tortured-refugees, migrants and IDPs.
- Advocacy ,with public institution and civil society groups aimed at influencing Laws and Policies.
- Improving detention practices, to reduce the risk of torture and ill- treatment in police custody and increase protection of all detained persons, in particular those of vulnerability.
- Capacity Building – working in partnership with like-minded organisations around the world.
- Public awareness and general public support for torture victims, of the UN International Day in Support of Victims of Torture on 26 June.
- Society from torture and the highest priority in decisions and interventions is given to promoting survivors of torture well-being and the avoidance of further traumatization….
- OUR THEME: TOGETHER AGAINST TORTURE .